Councils and Committees
Council on Association Cultivation
- Give input to the Annual Session Committee regarding future meetings.
- Regularly review and update the governing documents of the Association, including the NDA Mission Statement
- Serve OR appoint a Nominating Committee to develop the leadership pipeline of the AssociationRecruit NDA members to fill vacancies on Councils and Committees
- Development of ideas to better serve the membership and keep the Association positively moving forward.
Council on Membership
- Recruitment and retention of dentists as tripartite members
- Member engagement through meaningful programs/events
- Support NDA districts in the planning of events.
- Serve as liaison with student organizations to promote involvement in organized dentistry while in dental school and beyond
Council on Legislation
- Review and develop the Association’s response on all legislative issues that impact the practice of Dentistry. Engage and/or recruit advocates for Association legislative efforts
- Regularly update members on legislative efforts at the start of and conclusion of each state legislative session
Council on Communication
- Develop and execute regular communications and marketing about the accomplishments and concerns of the Association including but not limited to the newsletter, text messaging and email communications.
- Maintain a social media presence for the NDA on all social media platforms, including branding and reputation management.
Council on Intraprofessional Collaboration
- Identify and recommend solutions for critical issues facing dentists in our state
- Identify and implement methods for dentists to support one another professionally and personally
- Offer services of Peer Review
- Oversee and implement programs pertaining to oral health literacy and equity, oral disease prevention and intervention, access to oral health as well as community oral health and advocacy
- Oversee issues and regulations pertaining to Third Party Programs
- Engage with early career dentists by encouraging membership and involvement in the Association and/or local districts.
- Offer resources and develop support systems for early career dentists and the issues they face
- Engage with members from the undergraduate and graduate dental programs in the state
- The Council may have up to 14 members, including student members form the Nebraska dental schools
Committees shall/may be established within the structure of the Councils to facilitate and focus the conduct of business of the Council.