Skip to Content Skip to Navigation

Peer Review

How do I file a complaint against a dentist?

If the complaint is about the quality of care you received and the dentist is a member of the Nebraska Dental Association, you can file a complaint with the Peer Review Committee.

The purpose of the Nebraska Dental Association (NDA) Peer Review process is to review matters concerning misunderstandings, inadequate communications, and serviceability between patients and their dentists. Peer Review is offered without cost to help with such problems if the dentist is a member of the Nebraska Dental Association.

Criteria for case acceptance: The dentist must be an NDA member; The case must concern itself with Appropriateness of Treatment and/or Quality of Care; Receipt of request for mediation must be within two years of completion of treatment; Billing issues and/or fee disputes.

Cases not accepted for Mediation Review: Complaints against dentists who are not NDA members; Patients represented by an attorney or a case in litigation; Dentist to dentist complaints; Alleged fraud and other violations of the state dental practice acts.

Click Here to see if the Dentist is a member of the NDA using the ADA's Mouth Healthy website. If the Dentist is a NDA member, fill out and mail a Mediation form.

If the dentist is not a member of the NDA, fill out a complaint form with HHS Regulation and Licensure, Division of Investigations, 301 Centennial Mall South, P.O. Box 95164, Lincoln, NE 68509-5164. Phone: (402) 471-0175