Friday, Sepember 29, 2017 |
River’s Edge Convention Center
, 265 33rd Avenue, Columbus, NE.
Hotel reservations - $99.95 plus tax 402-564-1492
CE - Update in Pediatric Dentistry:
What has changed with parenting, poverty, prevention, and pulp therapy the last 20 years?
1. Participant will be familiar with how dental disease patterns have changed in children in Nebraska over time.
2. Participant will learn what has changed in prevention of dental disease in children
3. Participant will review growth and development in children
4. Participant will understand what is the latest science in restorative techniques for children
5. Participant will learn how parenting styles have changed in the last 20 years
6. Participant will learn how poverty affects the treatment of children
7. Participant will learn how the Medicaid program will change as it undergoes a change to managed care and how dentists can be more successful caring for these patients.
Dr. Jessica Meeske
is a pediatric dentist in Hastings and Grand Island, NE. She is a partner with Pediatric Dental Specialists of Greater Nebraska. Dr. Meeske is a graduate of Hastings College and the University of Missouri-K.C. College of Dentistry. She completed further training in pediatrics and public health at the University of Iowa, College of Dentistry’s, Leadership in Pediatric Dentistry and Dental Public Health Program where she received her master’s in dental public health. Dr. Meeske is board certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Meeske serves on the Legislative Committee and chairs the Medicaid Committee of the Nebraska Dental Association and is a trustee with the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Meeske is part-time faculty at UNMC College of Dentistry where she teaches dental students and residents in pediatric dentistry. She has given numerous lectures throughout the state on children’s oral health issues with specific emphasis on ensuring that all children have affordable access to dental care. She provided testimony to the U.S. House Subcommittee on RAC Audits and Aging for the ADA. Dr. Meeske’s awards include the NDA’s 2003 New Dentist of the Year, the ADA’s 2002 National New Dentist of the Year, the Nebraska Rural Health Association’s 2002 Health Care Provider of the Year, the University of Missouri, School of Dentistry’s 2003 Young Alumnus of the year. Her colleagues have elected her into the American College of Dentists and the International College of Dentists. Dr. Meeske was selected by the UNMC’s Chancellor to receive the Jack G. Elliot Award for Outstanding Service in Health Care to Nebraskans and in 2010 was awarded the Edward Shils Award, a national dental public service award. Dr. Meeske is active in the Hastings Community through her involvement as a past member and past president of Hastings Public Schools School Board and on the Board of Trustees at Hastings College.